- Weekly bookings run from either Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday depending on the property selected. Arrival is from 4.00 pm and departure no later than 10.00 am.
- The price shown for Coach House and Carriage House is for six people using three bedrooms. Both houses have four bedrooms. One is kept locked and should you wish to use the fourth bedroom, the price will be increased by 10%. This is done automatically by the booking system.
- Short breaks are usually available from November until Easter, excluding Christmas and New Year. They may also be offered in high season on a last minute basis. These are either three night weekend breaks from Friday to Monday or four night midweek breaks from Monday to Friday.
- All prices are in Pounds GB and are fully inclusive of VAT at the current rate, electricity, full central heating, bed linen and towels. We provide one bath sheet and one hand towel per person.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card online or by cheque (payable to ‘Doxford Settlement’).
- The contract will be formed once the deposit has either been paid by cheque and the cheque clears or the credit / debit card payment has cleared and the guest receives a formal confirmation from Doxford Cottages confirming the deposit paid and the balance owing. The confirmation should not be confused with the auto-reply you will receive on sending the booking form, which does not constitute acceptance of the booking by Doxford Cottages. Once the formal confirmation has been sent, a binding contract exists between the guest and Doxford Cottages.
- If a booking is made within six weeks of the arrival date, the full balance is payable at the time of booking.
- The full balance will be payable in the event of cancellation. We strongly suggest that Guests take out Holiday Insurance to protect them in case they are forced to cancel, for whatever reason.
- If you wish to cancel your holiday and would like us to re-let the cottage on your behalf, please pay the total amount outstanding and we will then make the property available. Once it re-lets we will refund all your monies paid minus a £50 admin fee.
- We endeavour to have all of the facilities at Doxford open all of the time. However, sometimes because of circumstances beyond our control some facilities may be closed.
- It is the client’s responsibility to get to Doxford Cottages for the booking, whatever weather conditions prevail. We will be open and your cottage will be ready for you with access available from the highway.
- Guests staying in each cottage must not exceed the agreed number, with the exception of babies in cots. One extra guest may be allowed in certain cottages by arrangement. We can provide a child’s mattress or Z bed, together with bed linen and towels .There is a £50 charge for the extra guest to cover this service, insurance and use of facilities etc.
- We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times when the guest is present or not for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- If you damage the property or furnishings in any way or leave it in an unacceptable condition we reserve the right to invoice you for such damage or for the unacceptable state of the cottage.
- Pets are not permitted.
- We are a non-smoking establishment.
COVID 19 Terms and Conditions
If you make a booking and it is subsequently frustrated because of Government restrictions, we will give you a full credit for a booking at another time or a full refund.
This covers only a full National Lockdown situation, and / or the address on the booking form or Doxford Cottages being placed into a tier by Government which has a ‘Do Not Travel’ restriction placed on it. The refund guarantee does NOT cover guests for falling ill with Covid (or any other illness), for a requirement to self-isolate or quarantine, or for a Track and Trace alert preventing them from travelling. Those situations can all be covered by taking out suitable travel insurance.
There are several suitable options which include cover for COVID-related cancellation (see below), or you can look for suitable cover on comparison sites such as GoCompare. We are not selling, promoting, endorsing or recommending any particular product, and do not benefit financially from, or have any formal relationship, with any of these providers. Trailfinders and PJ Hayman are two companies among many who offer this cover.